Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:42:03 +0200, Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> said:

> Hi,
> Guido Trotter wrote:
>> If we are sure that if 2*quorum people cast a vote there is no
>> problem with the proposed system, why not add to the current
>> proposal the fact that the votes cast, altogether, have to be at
>> least 2*quorum? This will also ensure that, before taking a vote
>> into consideration, there is enough general intrest about the
>> issue...

> The problems start when there is not enough general interest but
> something should be done regardless.

	There are other mechanisms in place for us to do things which
 need to be done, and a general resolution is a bad means of doing it.

> For example, let's say we have a technical problem which affects
> many packages, and the alternatives are C- do nothing D- further
> discussion (i.e. the default option) B- implement a workaround A-
> fix the problem "correctly", which affects a lot of programs, is a
> policy change, whatever

	Voting is a bad way to solve technical problems; and we don't;
 we also have a project leader that can act when action _must_ be
 taken.

	If there is not enough general interest, then there would be
 no protests when the DPL or tech ctte act, no?

	manoj
--
No sooner said than done -- so acts your man of worth. Quintus Ennius