Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:46:13PM +0200, Jochen Voss wrote:
> In my example local quorum causes the following problem:
> dropping an irrelevant option changes which
> relevant option wins the election.
> Global quorum does not have this problem.

The way you've apparently defined your terms:  Yes, Global quorum does
have this "problem".  [However, it's true that your example doesn't show
this flaw with what you call "global quorum".]

The reason is that condorcet has this "problem",
even with no quorums whatsoever.  Martin Schulze's post
illustrates this principal.

Also, his post
talks about the more general issues.