Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:46:13PM +0200, Jochen Voss wrote:
> In my example local quorum causes the following problem:
> dropping an irrelevant option changes which
> relevant option wins the election.
> Global quorum does not have this problem.

The way you've apparently defined your terms:  Yes, Global quorum does
have this "problem".  [However, it's true that your example doesn't show
this flaw with what you call "global quorum".]

The reason is that condorcet has this "problem",
even with no quorums whatsoever.  Martin Schulze's post
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200305/msg00119.html
illustrates this principal.

Also, his post
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200305/msg00118.html