Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

Hello Manoj,

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:15:14AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Right. Leads to a lot of soul searching -- I no longer know
>  whether I am helping or hurting my candidate by expressing my true
>  preference.
>
> 	I should not be put in this position.

I fully agree.  But then the per-option quorum has this problem, too.
And here it is harder to understand (see my example) and more relevant
(can occur for votes with many voters) than in the case of global
quorum.

This problem is explained at

    http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wwwstoch/voss/comp/quorum.html

there you will find an example, where voting in favor of
some option B causes B to loose!  The effect is caused by
the quorum.

I hope this helps,
Jochen
--