Re: current A.6 draft

Hi,

Andrew Pimlott:
> Empirically, many people look at their vote as a means for achieving
> the best outcome, not a statement of belief.  (Eg, those who
> preferred Nader but voted for Gore.)  Do you assume that there are
> no such people in Debian, or would you propose to exclude them?

Given that Debian has a sensible voting system (or at least we're trying
to build one) where "statement of belief" is basically the same as "voting
for the outcome you think best", this is a null question.

>         2. voting insincerely will be reliably effective in some
>            elections

This cannot be fixed by any voting system. Condorcet (and Approval), at
least, has a few rather nice constraints as to what you can affect by an
insincere vote.

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/