Re: current A.6 draft

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 11:08:43AM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> > >     3   ADB
> > >     2   BDA
> > >
> > > We are deadlocked.
> Sorry--I had written initially (before editing) that A, B, and D are
> as in your example:  A requires a 2:1 supermajority, B a simple
> majority, and D is the default option.

Ok:

2:1 supermajority means that these developers are trying to overrule a
technical committee decision.  This implies that the technical committee
does not agree with either A or B, and that the issue is technical
in nature.

So, in this case, the fact that no option has enough approval from the
developers (none defeats the default option by by 2:1) means that it's
probably a good idea to talk through the issue a bit more.

Again: this is by design.

--
Raul