Re: current A.6 draft

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 06:32:26PM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> I see.  However, this system (like aj's) still rewards the strategy
> of ranking the default option second, [...]

Yes, it does, and this is entirely deliberate. It's what "supermajority"
is about: allowing minorities to block proposals that the majority
likes. If you don't like the idea of supermajority requirements, that's
fair enough, but unless you have something _new_ to say, or an alternative
that's equally effective at allowing minorities to block proposals and
is somehow "fairer", what you have to say isn't very interesting.

I also note you don't seem to be a developer or in the n-m queue.

Cheers,
aj