Re: current A.6 draft

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 11:38:12AM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> Second, I don't think that the disadvantages of this approach have
> been adequately addressed.  You have focused almost entirely on one
> aspect ("what supermajority is about") as if it were the only one to
> consider.  Given the subtelties of voting, this seems like a rather
> extreme position.

I think you're overgeneralizing.  [I'd prefer to focus on specific
criticism.]

I'll note that comparison to the default option has the properties of
Approval (and that the default option isn't really a "candidate", but
a vote of no-confidence), and that ranking among options which defeat
the default option has the properties of Condorcet.

--
Raul