Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:36:12PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Le Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:26:53PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen écrivait:
> > > * Glenn McGrath

> > > Nope, because part of your duties as a maintainer is to fix those
> > > bugs, and/or pass them upstream.
> >
> > Stop being stupid, our goal is to provide a good OS for all our users,
> > this does include having *good* localized content whereever
> > it's possible. For this the maintainer may want to review the
> > translations ...
>
> Ok.  But what if these mails didn't help doing that?  What if they
> don't contain something like "Please add the following to your debian/control
> file in order to get xyz language support for the package description"?
> What if the mails didn't contain anything the maintainer could deal with
> if the translation did accidently meet his native language?  What if
> there was no proper way developed how to deal with such translations?
> What if those mails were used to confuse maintainers and raise the
> grief-factor?

Well, just as a positive note on this ...

I received a german translation of on of my packages description, and after
having read it, i communicated with the translator and together we found a
better translation. Also i did change the english description following to
this discution, as i noticed some things could be improved there also.

So, at least something usefull as come of those mails, altough i agree with
others that  wouldn't know what to do with a japanese or rusian translation.

Also, for those who complain, procmail is your friend, ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther