Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

On 04 Oct 2001 09:03:20 -0400
Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:

>     Branden> I propose that Michael Bramer be ordered to stop sending
>     Branden> automated mails to other developers (regarding the DDTS
>     Branden> or any other subject).
>
>     Branden> If he does not comply within 24 hours of ratification of
>     Branden> this proposal, he will be expelled from the Debian
>     Branden> Project.
>
> So, if he is using Debian machines, it seems he may already be
> violating the Debian machine AUP.  Certainly if I were doing something
> that sent automated mail to people that was not opt-in, I would feel
> compelled to respond promptly to requests to never send mail to
> people, regardless of the form of those requests.
>

> Have you considered sending to debian-admin or abuse or whatever the
> appropriate contact is and formally complaining that you are receiving
> spam from a Debian machine?  If debian-admin makes a decision that
> what he is doing does not violate the AUP or if debian-admin fails to
> make a decision about a reasonable complaint formally presented to
> them, I would likely second a GR overturning this (non)determination.
>
> --Sam

By the same argument i should be able to opt out of recieving mail from the
bug tracking system about any future bugs in the package i maintain, or opt
out of receiving mail from debian-private.

Its not constructive to try and improve debian by destorying the work of
others.

Branden _please_ think about what your doing before you next threaten
someone with expulsion.

Glenn