Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:26:53PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen écrivait:
> > * Glenn McGrath
> >
> > | By the same argument i should be able to opt out of recieving mail from the
> > | bug tracking system about any future bugs in the package i maintain,
> >
> > Nope, because part of your duties as a maintainer is to fix those
> > bugs, and/or pass them upstream.
>
> Stop being stupid, our goal is to provide a good OS for all our users,
> this does include having *good* localized content whereever
> it's possible. For this the maintainer may want to review the
> translations ...

Ok.  But what if these mails didn't help doing that?  What if they
don't contain something like "Please add the following to your debian/control
file in order to get xyz language support for the package description"?
What if the mails didn't contain anything the maintainer could deal with
if the translation did accidently meet his native language?  What if
there was no proper way developed how to deal with such translations?
What if those mails were used to confuse maintainers and raise the
grief-factor?

And what if this all would be true?

Oh well...

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.