Re: The Gordian Knot (was Re: Negative Summary of the Split Proposal)

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 11:02:13AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> That would greatly annoy me and involve hardcoding what "non-free" means
> into apt.  I'm opposed to the latter for technical reasons, I'm apposed to
> the former for reasons thæt YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOULD AT ME FOR FIVE LINES
> TO TELL ME THAT I SHOULD NOT BE INSTALLING SOFTWARE THAT I'VE MADE A
> DECISION TO INSTALL FOR WHAT BOILS DOWN TO YOUR POLITICAL AGENDA, NOT ANY
> REAL REASON WHY I SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PROCEED.  FURTHER, TYPING IN
> ALL CAPS LIKE THIS SEEMS TO INDICATE THAT WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO IS LIKELY
> TO DAMAGE MY HARDWARE OF FILESYSTEM, RATHER THAN JUST INSTALL SOFTWARE YOU
> THINK I SHOULD NOT RUN.

AW COME ON MAN! CAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE!?! WHERE'Z YOUR SENSE O' HUMOR!?

E!!!

ps. As you can see, even though I love free software I'm still a CAPITALIST!
    (oh man, I slay me)

Ean Schuessler                   An oderless programmer work-a-like
Novare International Inc.                     Silent and motionless
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.