Re: The Ugly Logo and the Consequences

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 03:47:58PM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 08:29:03AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > For other ballots, I would be; for this one, I didn't find any discussion
> > necessary. I can't see why all discussion of a ballot must occur on the
> > debian-vote list. Most of these things being on debian-devel, and could remain
> > there.
>
> There is no reason.  Howerver, much of the discussion spins off of the
> proposals and results and such so the discussion tends to remain on -vote.
> The only argument I can see for -vote being a discussion list is volume.
> There *could* be people who want to participate in the dicussions who can't
> handle the volume of -devel (for a variety of reasons, one that I consider
> valid is the cost of d/l the mail for people how pay either by the byte or
> by the minute).
>
> I would object to any rule that discussion *must* be on -vote, but I would
> also object to any rule that dicussion *must not* be on -vote.

I'll throw in two cents for people who don't have the time to read
through debian-devel.  I manage to keep abreast of what is going on
without that, and I still consider myself an active and interested
member of Debian; discussions of issues for which there will be an
actual vote are considerably more interesting to me than a lot of the
random chatter on -devel.

Dan