Re: [VUA 45-1] Discontinuing clamav-data support for "plain" etch

On 2008-05-11 17:08:45 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> writes:
> > On 11.05.08 11:08, Ben Finney wrote:
> > > However, the instructions on <URL:http://www.debian.org/volatile/>
> > > don't mention 'etch-volatile' at all, and explicitly instruct 'etch'
> > > users to set 'etch/volatile' as the distribution in 'sources.list'
> > > records. I currently have that, and (as announced above) it's no
> > > longer getting 'clamav-data' updates.
> >
> > the "Archive" section describes how to configure volatile.
>
> Yes, but it doesn't mention anything called "etch-volatile", which the
> announcement says I should be using.

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main contrib non-free

is the one you are looking for. "etch-volatile" in the announcement
obviously was shorthand for "the etch part of the volatile archive".

(also, clamav in volatile is still at 0.92.1 - we are all eagerly
awaiting 0.93 to finish the build process. Maybe you aren't getting a
new clamav-data package because you already have the current one?)

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | It took a genius to create [TeX],
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | and it takes a genius to maintain it.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |	-- David Kastrup in comp.text.tex