Re: Flatpak memory usage

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 10:36:12PM -0500, paulf@quillandmouse.com wrote:

[...]

> I find the trend disturbing. If you have a lot of apps running, and
> they're all these types of packages, you're going to be using
> considerably more memory [...]

I'm not a friend of flatpaks and similar concepts, either. For me,
it's not memory use, but the shifting of power from a distrubution
model to single applications. I find that makes software less "free".

In a distro, applications have to get along with each other, agree
on a common set of libraries, file system layout, etc. I think this
is a Good Thing. Every app carrying its own little distro is like
neoliberal hell. No wonder it uses up more resources ;-D

> Maybe I'm weird.

I seem to be even weirder :)

Cheers