Flatpak memory usage

Folks:

Am I correct in assuming that package formats like Flatpak, Snap and
Appimage, because they package up everything with the executable, would
consume more system memory? One of the reasons to use these formats is
to avoid library version mismatches, and peg the libraries which
accompany an executable at a certain version. But if this is true, then
it stands to reason that the executable would use, for example, GNOME
libraries which aren't the same as what's on your system being shared
by other software. Thus, when you launch X flatpak, it must load its
own version of the GNOME libraries. Which would take up more system
memory.

Am I correct about this, or is there something I'm missing?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
Personal Blog: http://noferblatz.com