Re: SOLVED Re: Cannot rum multiple command on remote machine via SSH

Am 07/02/2023 um 14:30 schrieb Greg Wooledge:
On Tue, Feb 07, 2023 at 02:20:25PM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Am 07/02/2023 um 12:12 schrieb Greg Wooledge:
On Tue, Feb 07, 2023 at 10:30:22AM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
The reason I cannot just ssh into LAP2 and then run hibernate.sh from the
shell is because, if I do, I get a dangling zombie ssh shell that freezes my
LAP1.
https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/063
But then I lose confirmation the command executed successfully, don't I?
Without knowing what your hibernate.sh script does, it's quite difficult
to advise you on how to improve it.

$ cat opt/bin/hibernate.sh
mate-screensaver-command -l 	# Activates screensaver and locks
                                  the screen
sudo systemctl hybrid-sleep	# Hibernate and suspend the system. This
                                  will trigger activation of
                                  the special target unit
                                  hybrid-sleep.target.

--