Re: Logging off an X session closes all ssh -X connections started previously from outside X

On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 03:26:12PM +0200, zithro wrote:
> On 05 May 2023 14:11, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > No DE, just a window manager (fvwm2).
>
> Isn't that fluxbox ? That's the GUI I used on Slackware.
> Simple, lean, efficient !

No, quite a bit older. Fluxbox 2000-ish, fvwm 199-small-ish.

[...]

> I have now full logs of before/after GUI logon/logoff, I posted them in the
> other post.
> Will try to make sense of it with this lead ... after a needed break ^^

I saved that for a look during weekend, now I'm supposed to fix
an update of... forget it :)

> > I don't know whether there's a way to tell the DE to leave the
> > user session dbus alone when it was already running at start.
>
> Don't even know what you mean, so to do it ... ^^

Too long to explain. But that might explain also why I dislike
that stuff.

Cheers