Re: dep hell NOT with Trinity (was: TBird mail)

On Wed, Dec 07, 2022 at 01:36:31AM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> gene heskett composed on 2022-12-06 21:03 (UTC-0500):
>
> > I'd love to be able to install TDE, which would give me back the best
> > email agent linux ever had, kmail-3.5 but with all its bugs fixed, but
> > the first TDE package I select, generates over 300 hits of dependency
> > hell from synaptic.

Gene,

Just done this to check in a virtual machine. I concur with Felix.

Expert install of Debian 11.5 - standard - text only.
Deselect everything other than standard using tasksel at that stage.
Add the https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Debian_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions /etc/apt/sources.list lines.

Add the GPG key using wget then

apt-get update ; apt-get install aptitude
aptitude install tde-trinity

and it just works. No drama and everything installed from Trinity.

568M / 700 and change packages?

> apt/apt-get/aptitude are used for software installations here.

Thanks Felix for the instructions to try.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater