Re: TBird mail

On 12/6/22 19:39, Felix Miata wrote:
gene heskett composed on 2022-12-06 18:58 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

gene heskett composed on 2022-06-15 06:34 (UTC-0400):

What the heck is this vertical bar it uses for a quote level

That's taken care of here with one or both of these two entries in prefs.js in the
profiledir:

what or where is this "profiledir:"?

Mozilla's own product profiles can be located anywhere a user chooses to put them.
Profile names and locations are controlled for

	Firefox in ~/.mozilla/firefox/profiles.ini.
	SeaMonkey in ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/profiles.ini
	ThunderBird in ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini

Derivatives of them may be in a subdirectory in ~/.config/ or in ~/.*, such as

	Pale Moon in ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/profiles.ini
/home/gene/.thunderbird/f37v8icg.default-default/prefs.js
I count 8 prefs.js in the above list, so which one is actually being
talked about here?

Verify by examining ~/.thunderbird/profiles.ini.

Thank you Felix.

I did that but the prefs.js at that address does not contain any of the the strings referenced in the original reply from Chuck Zmudzinski on 6/18/22.

I'd love to be able to install TDE, which would give me back the best email agent linux ever had, kmail-3.5 but with all its bugs fixed, but the first TDE package I select, generates over 300 hits of dependency hell from synaptic.

So I'm stuck with t-bird and its plethora of oddly spec'd hot keys that do nothing for the user but screw things up, many times doing nothing but stealing the focus w/o any popup. Just typing to reply to this msg has caused 6 pop-ups that had to be closed before I could resume typing in the middle of a word. Twice I've had to reclick on the blinking curser before it would resume accepting what I type. Yet folks accept that? More bugs than a 10 day old road kill in the northern hemispheres July.

Not your fault.

Take care & stay well, Felix.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)