Re: Getting PC with Ubuntu; change to Debian?

Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> writes:

> However, if a newer X server, Mesa or whatever else is also needed, then
> it might be worth trying to run testing.

Indeed. I've run into trouble with backports kernels since apparently
the kernel team doesn't give a damn about what other packages break with
an updated kernel in the backports. Still, it's not too hard to just
config Grub to boot 5.18 or 5.19 instead of the 6.0 that landed in
backports recently.

Either way, the security situation isn't great. Testing has no security
updates and backports seems to have very little.