Getting PC with Ubuntu; change to Debian?

Hello, fellow Debian users:

I've had Debian on my computers for a very long time (can't remember exactly when but early 2000's for sure); and I've had Lenovo laptops for ages too. I finally need to replace my main laptop (an at least 10-year old ThinkPad), so I've bought an X1 from Lenovo, with Ubuntu pre-installed (to be delivered in January).

So, a question. Should I side-grade to Debian (and, if so, how easy would it be to do that?)? Or will I be happy with Ubuntu (which is, after all, a Debian derivative)?

I'm very familiar and comfortable with Debian (was happy with 'testing' for a long time, but have lately reverted to 'stable'). And, although I'm a rare participant on this list, I enjoy the lurk and would presumably need to go elsewhere if I had questions about my Ubuntu experience.

Thoughts will be welcome.

Patrick