Re: How to can make a partition in my hard disk ?

On 10/27/22 15:19, William Torrez Corea wrote:
On 10/25/22, David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

I wonder if the OP is using the laptop in a moving vehicle, while riding
public transportation, or is handling it roughly (?).

Only use my laptop in my desktop and when i going to sleep in a night
table for watch a movie. When i am going to university i use the
laptop but in the car or bus the laptop is inactive.

Okay.

That means we need to find another explanation for the previously noted smartctl(8) statistics.

One explanation is that the statistics are left over from a previous owner of the HDD and/or computer. The way to test this hypothesis is to run reports on a regular basis and watch for increasing statistics.

Another explanation is that smartctl(8) is misinterpreting the data structures provided by the HDD. I have seen differences between smartctl version 7.2 and smartctl version 7.3 with Intel 520 Series SSD's (I have several). If you wish to explore this possibility, I suggest looking for a live OS image that includes smartctl version 7.3 (possibilities include Debian Testing and FreeBSD 12.3-RELEASE).

Yet another explanation is that the HDD firmware has issues. Your HDD has 'Firmware Version: JU000A'. Looking at the Toshiba product page for that HDD, I am unable to determine if the firmware is current or if an update is available. Please see if you can find an answer:

https://storage.toshiba.com/consumer-hdd/internal/l200

David