Re: How to can make a partition in my hard disk ?

On 26/10/2022 04:34, William Torrez Corea wrote:
Model Family:     Toshiba L200 (SMR)

I would not consider a HDD with shingled magnetic recording as a storage to install OS. This series has a CMR product, but it has another problem:

  3 Spin_Up_Time            POS--K   100   100   001    -    1318
  4 Start_Stop_Count        -O--CK   100   100   000    -    606
193 Load_Cycle_Count        -O--CK   093   093   000    -    75472

It has quite aggressive policy to unload heads. It happens approximately than once per minute. Following read operations may have noticeable delay. At first I suspected delays due time required to spin up stopped disk, but in your case Power_Cycle_Count = Start_Stop_Count, so your system keeps the disk spinning.

191 G-Sense_Error_Rate      -O--CK   100   100   000    -    48930

Frequent shocks, vibration, unstable base may force heads unloading and following latency in UI.

P.S. I have not managed to change heads unload timeout for Toshiba L200 using hdparm. In your case due to high G-Sense_Error_Rate increasing timeout might be dangerous.