Re: [SOLVED] Re: crash with wine and nvidia-driver

On 15/10/2022 18:18, Hans wrote:
Am Samstag, 15. Oktober 2022, 15:08:40 CEST schrieb piorunz:
Hi Piotr,

sadly this did not work. However, I got a solution:

I purged all wine packages from debian, then reinstalled wine, but only
minimalistic, say, all necessary packages.

I spared all suggested packages - and it worked now. No crash any more and
"primusrun glxgears -info" is now running.

Great! But maybe it was wine configuration files, you seem to be using
only default profile ~/.wine, and maybe files there (Windows
installation so to speak) got corrupted. So not reinstallation necessary.
I suggest to delete/move/manipulate default profile ~/.wine next time,
to save time. And ultimately, you can start using Lutris to manage your
Wine profiles or do it manually by using shortcut for example:
WINEPREFIX=/home/path... wine something.exe

And lastly if you serious about gaming then latest Wine is good option,
not using Wine 5 from Debian stable but latest and greatest Wine 7.
I am gaming on wine-staging (v7.18 at the moment) and it's great.
https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀