Re: running outdated software

James H. H. Lampert composed on 2022-10-13 11:12 (UTC-0700):

> DdB wrote:

>> But i am very used to running outdated software, as i am living the old
>> recipe to "never change a working system".

> I've got you beat: I still have a DOS box. And I'm in the process of
> configuring and loading a replacement for a worn-out DOSbook. And I
> still run Xerox Ventura Publisher, DOS/GEM Edition, WordPerfect 5.1+,
> and Quattro on it.

I don't just /have/ "DOS" boxes, I have one running OS/2 virtually 24/7 for the
primary purpose of running Quattro Pro, where all my important personal data lives
isolated from the internet, using ATI's proprietary SVGA text 132x43 (800x600)
mode that no newer GPU or OS I have found supports. I boot PC DOS directly on it
on occasion, such as the unusual case of both yesterday and the day before more
than once each.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata