Re: How to configure (aka deal with) /tmp in the best way?

Am 05.10.2022 um 21:03 schrieb Andy Smith:
> Well it says it was generated by systemd-fstab-generator, but that
> would usually put its generated units in /run/systemd/generator, not
> /etc/systemd/system/, so it seems at some point something/someone ran:
>
>     # systemd-fstab-generator /etc/systemd/system
>
> while the OP had an entry for /tmp in teir /etc/fstab.
>
> Maybe while they were experimenting trying to change setup of /tmp,
> without realising that the fstab entry itself was enough?

Wow!
AFAICT, i did not create any systemd files nor ran a generator or such.
Apart from listing units, i did not interfere ... wait ... i recall
using the systemctl edit command once (but i forgot the purpose of such
use).

But i can confirm, that i did have /tmp in fstab for some time. And
after taking your (all) input into consideration, i understood, that it
would be a good idea to allow /tmp being backed by a real storage device.

For reasons outside of this thread, i will reserve those considerations
until i will build my bullseye system. And for the time being, i am
going to resort to creating an entry in fstab for it, while removing the
corresponding systemd unit. Thank you for all your input!

DdB