Re: How to configure (aka deal with) /tmp in the best way?

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 12:04:31PM +0200, DdB wrote:
> How are the more experienced people among you handle /tmp ?
> Could i just benefit from your experience?

I don't tend to mess with the Debian default for /tmp, which is to
not to have it be a mount point at all, so it is on the root
filesystem.

As my root filesystems are usually quite small, this does
occasionally result in some programs producing "temp" output that
fills the filesystem. For those cases I tell those programs to use
/var/tmp instead. Usually applications support the environment
variable TMPDIR or similar to tell them where to put temporary
output.

I haven't yet felt the need to adjust sizing or permissions on /tmp
but if I did I'd just put an entry for it in /etc/fstab.

Cheers,
Andy