Re: How to configure (aka deal with) /tmp in the best way?

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 02:31:01PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 06:23:39PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > I haven't yet felt the need to adjust sizing or permissions on /tmp
> > but if I did I'd just put an entry for it in /etc/fstab.
>
> Me too, but I'm still curious where the OP's /etc/systemd/system/* file
> came from.  If the OP didn't write it, and since we *know* Debian doesn't
> create it during the installation or upgrade, my guess is the OP didn't
> use Debian.  They probably used "a Docker image that had the word Debian
> in its name" or something like that.

Well it says it was generated by systemd-fstab-generator, but that
would usually put its generated units in /run/systemd/generator, not
/etc/systemd/system/, so it seems at some point something/someone ran:

    # systemd-fstab-generator /etc/systemd/system

while the OP had an entry for /tmp in teir /etc/fstab.

Maybe while they were experimenting trying to change setup of /tmp,
without realising that the fstab entry itself was enough?

Cheers,
Andy