Re: firmware-iwlwifi

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 11:49:14 +0300
Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@oles.biz> wrote:

> I have a notebook (Lenovo) with Intel's WiFi and I have minor issues
> with it - sometimes works as expected but sometimes I cannot connect
> to the notebook at first attempt throw SSH or sometimes latency is
> high.

Which model Lenovo, and what is the exact wifi device? Please use lspci
to identify the device. For example, on my T520:

root@jhegaala:~# lspci | grep -i wifi
03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)
root@jhegaala:~#

You may have to use lspci with no options to identify your wifi device.

I'm not sure what you mean by

> … sometimes I cannot connect to the notebook at first attempt throw
> SSH or sometimes latency is high.

Connecting to the network and using SSH are two distinct operations. Do
you connect to a network, and then check that you have a working network
before you try SSH?

What are you using to connect the laptop to a network? Network Manager?

> In kernel log are visible messages for unsuccessful attempts to
> load firmware files.

Do those correlate with successful or unsuccessful attempts to join a
network? Please show us the exact log entry.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/