Re: firmware-iwlwifi

On 2022-10-02 at 12:33, Charles Curley wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 11:49:14 +0300
> Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@oles.biz> wrote:
>
>> I have a notebook (Lenovo) with Intel's WiFi and I have minor issues
>> with it - sometimes works as expected but sometimes I cannot connect
>> to the notebook at first attempt throw SSH or sometimes latency is
>> high.

> I'm not sure what you mean by
>
>> … sometimes I cannot connect to the notebook at first attempt throw
>> SSH or sometimes latency is high.
>
> Connecting to the network and using SSH are two distinct operations. Do
> you connect to a network, and then check that you have a working network
> before you try SSH?
>
> What are you using to connect the laptop to a network? Network Manager?

I'm not sure, but just in case you missed it: please note that he did
not say that he sometimes cannot connect to the *network*, but that he
sometimes cannot connect to the *notebook* through SSH.

I interpret that (with the rest of the context) to mean that he's
connecting the notebook/laptop to the network via Wi-Fi, and then
connecting *to* that laptop *from* another computer via SSH.

And that the SSH connection is (at least part of) what seems to be
dropping out, which is being interpreted as evidence that there's a
problem with the wireless connection.

--
   The Wanderer