Re: Prevent normal users from power actions

Hello,

> I suppose it might be worth mentioning how your users reboot or
> shutdown the system, and whether this applies only when seated at
> a console or even to all users (for those of us who reboot with
> CtrlAltDel and shutdown by touching the physical power button).

When a user has started a graphical user session, like GNOME, KDE etc.,
there are several options to end or pause the session (without pressing
the power button or Ctrl-Alt-Del): Log out, Shutdown, Reboot, Suspend,
Hibernate, and maybe others. What I want is to require the user to
enter the root password in order to reboot or shutdown (and of course I
know that it is possible to shutdown or reboot the hard way).

Regards
  Christoph