Re: Color of the active window title bar in ubuntu-mate?

On 2022-08-22, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:

> It is, I have found, a problem with most Gtk+3 applications. A
> manifestation of the we know better than you mindset of the GNOME
> people. I have not found a solution to disable it globally, short of
> patching Gtk+3 itself. The best I have found is to force my WM to ignore
> the hint on a case-by-case basis:

What about 'gtk3-nocsd'?

 Description-en: Disable Gtk+ 3 client side decorations (CSD)
 gtk3-nocsd LD_PRELOADs a small library to disable the client side
 decorations (CSD) of Gtk+ 3.

Or maybe this isn't the remedy to the ills referred to in the thread.
I mentioned this utility to someone here recently complaining of
similar gnomish woes, but he disappeared after his initial
query (at least I think he did).

Of course, it's a hack. But that's life in the big city, as my mother
used to say.