Re: non installed printer can not be removed

On Sat 18 Jun 2022 at 11:47:35 +0200, Hans wrote:

> Just to add the following information:
>
> The command "driverless" is showing me the printer, beginning with
> ipp://.....

Ok.

> Does this mean, this printer does not need any ppd-file?

The printer is queried by everywhere for its capabilities and a PPD
is created in /etc/cups/ppd.

> And who sets and where are the rights for this kind of printers set?

The lpadnin command takes care of all of this.

> As I already mentioned: The printer obviously gets the print job, but
> it looks like it can not confirm the reception or the computer is
> forbidding to print.

When you have set up a print queue as advised previously, test printing
with 'lp -d Brother2740 /etc/nsswitch.conf'.

--
Brian.