non installed printer can not be removed

Hi folks,

I am struggeling with a little problem, I can not explain.

A friend of mine uses a printer (Samsung SL-C480FW), which is connected to the
router with wireless. However, although there are no drivers and no ppd-files
installed, the printer is seen by cups (and also by system-printer-config) but
can not be used (think, because the missing ppd-file).

When this is installed, udev-entries and so on are set, then the printer is
seen for example with ipp://192.168.*.*.

However, printing does not work, although the printer gets data, but then
hangs. I believe, this is a driver problem (because this appeared, since my
friend got a new router (FritzBox).

I hope, for this I will find a solution, so hints are welcome, buut not the
reason for this thread.

Much more I am interested, to know, why I can not delete the printer in CUPS
or system-config-printer? Any printer I add, can be deleted, but the last
entry can not be deleted.

What is wrong? Why does the kernel see the correct printer, and where does it
get its information? It is not connected at the USB-port, so no information
could be taken from this.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards