Re: trying to install bullseye for about 25th time.

On Tue 07 Jun 2022 at 16:07:13 (-0400), gene heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 June 2022 15:03:41 EDT gene heskett wrote:

> > > Well, you post what it /does/ display. Then the experts here can make
> > > educated guesses, rather than just guessing.
>
> The only way I know how to do that is take a screen shot with my camera.
> But thats not possible when running the D-I cuz w/o gimp, its at least 5
> megs bigger than the server will accept. BTDT.

I don't see why you need a screenshot to post the name(s) of the
disk(s) in the partitioner menu. It's just one line per disk, like:

   SCSI1 (0,0,0) (sda) - 500.1 GB ATA ST3500000AA

taken from the listing posted in:

> > > Really? Which partitioner is that?
>
> The one in the D-I.

The d-i partitioner lists PARTLABELs, as the cited listing showed:

  BIOS boot pa/BullBoot/Linux swap/Viva-A/Viva-B/Viva-Home

But as your disk is new, I don't know what those PARTLABELs would be
set to. If you booted a bullseye installation to capture the dmesg
you quoted, then it might be simplest to partition the new disk at
that time. You get the most flexibility that way. (I always prefer
to partition my disks before I let the d-i loose on them.)

> > > I was rereading Andrew's reply in the other thread, and his appeal
> > > "The more you can tell us what _EXACTLY_ you are doing, what you see,
> > > what errors come up and what you have done to try and fix them, the
> > > easier we'll all find it to come up with suggestions or actual
> > > answers
> > > for you."
> > >
> > > And I was thinking, that's not enough. We only hear a summary of what
> > > you think you're doing. I had a hypothesis for why you couldn't avoid
> > > the speech synthesiser, but it would require knowing every keystroke
> > > you use from powering on the machine. No chance of that.
>
> Not to mention it would be TL,DR to most.

It can hardly be /too/ long, as you claim that the speech synthesiser
starts yakking almost straightaway.

Cheers,
David.