Re: (cmake) Could NOT find LibSoup: Found unsuitable version "" ...

On 03/06/2022 18:51, Albretch Mueller wrote:
On 6/3/22, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
Debian has debug symbols for most (if not all) packages, but they're in
a different repository. See
https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace#Installing_the_debugging_symbols

   Are you saying that debian keeps "instrumented" binary versions of
their packages ready for debugging!? I checked and it doesn't seem to
be the case (and/or I am making some mistake)

No. It has, in that repository, packages with only the symbols, that gdb can then use, as if the executables and libraries had debug symbols included. gdb should be already set up to automatically find the symbols in the locations that the -dbg[sym] packages install them.

$ apt-cache search webkit2 dbg
$

$ apt-cache search webkit dbg
python3-pyqt5.qtwebchannel-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's
Webchannel module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module
(debug extensions)
$

$ sudo apt install webkit-dbgsym
E: Unable to locate package webkit-dbgsym

$ sudo apt install webkit2-dbgsym
E: Unable to locate package webkit2-dbgsym
$
  lbrtchx

You have python installed, which is an extra complication layer (and one about which I know very little).

But for debugging C/C++ programs, you'd need to find the package that contains the actual library you want debugged, and install the corresponding -dbgsym package. Hint: library packages are name lib<something>. For example, there's

libqt5webkit5 - Web content engine library for Qt
libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 - Web content engine library for GTK

... and others (and other versions). Unfortunately, I don't use Webkit or Python, so can't help much more here. But look for installed packages related to webkit, and search for the corresponding -dbgsym packages. Note that probably there won't be -dbgsym packages for the python bindings, since these are just python code, not object files (libraries, executables).

--
Caution: Write-protection will not prevent a cartridge being erased by
bulk-erasure or degaussing.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br