Re: (cmake) Could NOT find LibSoup: Found unsuitable version "" ...

On 6/3/22, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
> On 03/06/2022 14:02, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>>   Basically, I am trying to compile WebKit2 (on WSL! ;-)) with
>> debugging symbols included in order to teach my students how to debug,
>
> Debian has debug symbols for most (if not all) packages, but they're in
> a different repository. See
> https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace#Installing_the_debugging_symbols

 Debian doesn't stop to amaze me. Last time it did was with apt-clone,
but apparently that was another case of debian/software documentation
kept in good faith!

  Are you saying that debian keeps "instrumented" binary versions of
their packages ready for debugging!? I checked and it doesn't seem to
be the case (and/or I am making some mistake)

 Not having to instrument WebKit2 would be time saving, but I would
like for us as a class to be able to compile a relatively large and
involved piece of software. As part of my explaining I thought of a
"Linux(/Debian) for kids" kind of book but not as some sort of
coloring book, but more like a carpentry one.

 I did follow the steps on that link:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1706]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\...>
C:\Users\...>
C:\Users\...>
C:\Users\...>wsl --user <...>

$ date
Fri 03 Jun 2022 03:18:54 PM CDT
$

$ ls -l /etc/apt/sources.list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 229 Aug 18  2021 /etc/apt/sources.list

$ sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list
[sudo] password for <...>:
$ ls -l /etc/apt/sources.list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 480 Jun  3 15:17 /etc/apt/sources.list

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main
# https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-debug/ bullseye-debug main
# https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace (for security updates)
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-debug/ bullseye-proposed-updates-debug main
$

 still I don't see anything really, just some python code to sniff
qtwebkit-dbg file formats? (which shoud mean that you should at least
be able to find qtwebkit, right?):

$ apt-cache search webkit2 dbg
$

$ apt-cache search webkit dbg
python3-pyqt5.qtwebchannel-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's
Webchannel module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module
(debug extensions)
$

$ sudo apt install webkit-dbgsym
E: Unable to locate package webkit-dbgsym

$ sudo apt install webkit2-dbgsym
E: Unable to locate package webkit2-dbgsym
$
 lbrtchx