Re: (cmake) Could NOT find LibSoup: Found unsuitable version "" ...

On Fri 03 Jun 2022 at 12:02:29 (-0500), Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 6/3/22, David Wright wrote:

> > The problem lies between these quotes, it would appear:  ↑↑
>
>  I don't know if you are trying to bring humor into the problematic,
> but that was literally part of the error message. On the one side
> cmake doesn't seem to be able to even find what the installed version
> of libsoup is while on the other apt-get tells me:
> libsoup2.4-dev is already the newest version (2.72.0-2).

Yes, because I can contribute nothing as to why the internal
version number isn't detected. Nor could I add any help beyond
that already given at the time, that of installing the -dev.

I was merely pointing out that your installed version is
new enough. AIUI, there are two distinct sequence numbers
for libsoup; not distinctive enough to have been noticed.

Cheers,
David.