Re: weather station

On 22/5/22 12:44 am, Russell L. Harris wrote:
On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 03:57:50PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
Whilst you conspicuously omit indication of where you are located, I have found that, here in Australia, the weather bureau  has gone malicious, and blocks access where a web site visitor tries to reload a web page in less than a (unknown) specified period of time, which is somewhere around four hours after the web page was last reloaded.

I have found using the pws dashboard for a local weather station on the Weather Underground, to be both more reliable, and, more localised (e.g., for me, https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IWESTERN754), as the local Weather Underground is within about a kilometre, and, the weather bureau closest weather station, is about 10-15 kilometres away. The Weather Underground PWS dashboard updates, usually,about every 10-20s, I think.

Hi, Bret.  I am in central Texas, a little southeast of Austin. My
weather station is at alysonwonderland.org.

The weather bureau web site does not restrict access:
--

I assume this is off topic, but the Australian Bureau of Meteorology operates many web pages with specified frequency of update. The most used are the radar and current observations pages that update every 10 minutes.

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/observations/perth.shtml

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR702.loop.shtml#skip

I monitor nearby wundergound data stations but the observations are generally unreliable.

An alternative source is department of agriculture data updated each minute at https://weather.agric.wa.gov.au/ This also has a much higher density of stations that the BOM network.

Personally I run Arduino systems monitoring my personal weather sensors, with a plan to use my Raspberry Pi under Raspbian to publish the data along with my existing ADSB receiver data.

Jeremy