Re: Apache2 404

ldmkolxm@yahoo.com wrote:
>  My link to the second page is via a url  "var/www/ldmdomain.info/html/Picture1.html".
> Also, this is intended only for my home network.
> And I have no idea what this means:    Inside your local network, you will need an A or AAAA and/or
> CNAME record pointing to ldmdomain.info and optionally (but you
> should) www.ldmdomain.info

Computers using TCP/IP find each other by taking a name and
resolving it into an IP address, then making a request over the
network.

The name you keep telling us is www.ldmdomain.info

That name does not exist.

If you want it to exist for the world at large, you need to
lease the right to use it, get a DNS server to supply records,
and make sure that the DNS server knows what IP address to point
to at all times.

If you want to use this inside your home network and nowhere
else, you should not use ldmdomain.info. You should use the name
of your machine, which can be found with

hostname

And make sure that other machines on your network can find that
host; that could involve any of several different approaches.

-dsr-