Re: Debian 9 Xfce intermittent keyboard and mouse erratic behavior or lockup

On 4/21/2022 5:28 PM, David Christensen wrote:
On 4/21/22 13:50, David Wright wrote:
On Thu 21 Apr 2022 at 01:02:56 (-0700), David Christensen wrote:

What package do I file a bug report against?

It's not clear from reading your posts (unless it requires some
correlation, on my part, of your observations) whether you have
had storms on USB2 ports on several machines,

Yes -- at least two laptops and one desktop.

or only on ones that appear to work intermittently.

The USB 2.0 ports in the desktop are the most recent lock up.  I do not recall a lock up in the laptops recently; just GUI random pointing device storms.

If the former, have they always involved the KVM?

The USB 2.0 failures occur with and without the KVM switch.

The USB 3.0 correct behavior occurs with and without the KVM switch.

Do you configure the mouse at all, bearing in mind that unplugging
and replugging it may lose that configuration. (I don't know how
KVMs fit into this model.)

Changing pointing device settings via Xfce Applications Menu -> Settings -> Mouse and Touchpad does not seem to affect the failures, but I have not made many changes.

Always bearing in mind that reporting against Debian 9 might only
result in a stifled yawn.

The same problem exists in Debian 9, 10, and 11.  I can readily file bug reports against Debian 9 and 11 (I wiped and reused my Debian 10 SSD).

I saw one GUI input event storm in ~6 hours of use following the above post with Debian 9, KVM, and USB 3.0.

David