Re: Debian 9 Xfce intermittent keyboard and mouse erratic behavior or lockup

On 4/20/22 15:31, David Christensen wrote:

The rear USB 2.0 ports are down right now.  Are there any commands I should run before rebooting (to test if the problem is hardware software)?

I ran the desktop with the keyboard and mouse connected directly to the rear USB 3.0 ports. I did not see any random GUI input event storms. The keyboard and mouse did not lock up.

I powered down, reconnected the keyboard and mouse to the KVM switch, connected the KVM cable to the desktop computer, and booted. The four (4) rear USB 2.0 ports and the two (2) rear USB 3.0 ports work correctly.

Therefore, I conclude the problem is software -- whatever in Debian 9 Xfce deals with X Windows input via USB 2.0 keyboards and mice.

What package do I file a bug report against?

David