After upgrade to bullseye, tty1-6 not working

Hi, Folks -

On reboot after upgrading from buster to bullseye, my AOC monitor,
connected via DVI, is showing "Input Not Support" on non-GUI tty1-tty6 -
but, tty7 is successfully running the GUI (xfce4 in my case) and it shows
up fine on that same monitor.

With buster, I had done some tweaking to the boot command line in order to
have a certain font size come up in the plain text console windows.
Should I suspect that's still present in grub and is for some reason
problematic under bullseye?  Any tips, hints, suggestions, wild-eyed
speculations would be appreciated. :)

--hobie