Re: updatedb.mlocate

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 09:24, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> systemctl disable mlocate.service   before you fiddle with its
> configuration, then enable it afterwards.

Hi, I think you need "stop" and "start" there, not "disable" and
and "enable".

Or maybe "systemctl daemon-reload" although I'm not sure
about that because I don't know much about systemd.

But a quick test here shows that a "disable" command on a
running service does not stop it.

It's my understanding that "enable" and "disable" only control
whether the service is started at boot time.

Someone who knows better is welcome to confirm or
correct if I am mistaken, thanks.