Re: CUPS - how to match autodetected printers to physical ones

On 2022-04-10 at 07:08, gene heskett wrote:

> On Sunday, 10 April 2022 06:06:31 EDT tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

>> I just don't install it.
>
> And how do you accomplish that? Its automatically installed AFAIK.
> And once installed, apt will not remove it without destroying the
> install. rm or chmod -x seems to be the only way, and nothing
> complains.

What package(s), by exact name, are you referring to? That is, which
package(s) is it that produce this effect when you try to remove them?

On my computer, I have several libavahi* packages, which could not be
removed without removing large swaths of packages - but I also have
avahi-daemon and avahi-utils, which can be removed with few if any side
effects (as far as triggering removal of other packages goes).

And since the subject at hand in this branch of the thread appears to be
avahi-daemon, surely removing that single package should be enough to
prevent avahi from doing anything undesirable?

--
   The Wanderer