Re: CUPS - how to match autodetected printers to physical ones

On Sunday, 10 April 2022 06:06:31 EDT tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> AVAHI_DAEMON_DETECT_LOCAL=0 into some /etc/default/avahi-daemon.

Checking all my machines, all but one was set to 1, fixed the others and
redid the initramfs as it said in 2 of the 5, in that file.

Thank you for that Tomas, now its done by the official way including on
this bullseye box. I also took advantage and disabled brltty by similar
means. That leaves orca dirtying the logs with about 20 lines every 15
seconds. And that leads to a reboot about weekly by filling up the /var
partition. Orca however, does not appear in /etc/default. Where is it
started so I can officially stop it? That would extend my uptimes I
expect.

Thanks Tomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)