Re: Why is debian Live (11.2.0) advancing the time on my windows laptop +5 hours? ...

On 3/27/22, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 12:08:38PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>> On 3/27/22, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
>> > (3) Hardware clock gets adjusted accordingly.
>> > [which] would be
>> > wrong for a live distro: don't touch persistent state!
>>
>>  exactly! will this set up "logic" be fixed for the next live systems?
>
> You might also consider fixing your Windows install. Rumour has it that
> Microsoft has seen the light in the meantime ;-)

 ... assumptions, which might not be the case for many DL users on a
Windows install base.

 Another way to find a solution around such "political" decisions
would be to include an utility on DL to reset the time based on NTP
(and/or the location of the user ...).

 lbrtchx