Re: Why is debian Live (11.2.0) advancing the time on my windows laptop +5 hours? ...

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 12:08:38PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 3/27/22, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> > (3) Hardware clock gets adjusted accordingly.
> > [which] would be
> > wrong for a live distro: don't touch persistent state!
>
>  exactly! will this set up "logic" be fixed for the next live systems?

You might also consider fixing your Windows install. Rumour has it that
Microsoft has seen the light in the meantime ;-)

Thomas (as always very insightful) mentions timedatectl: this is systemd's
way to manage such things. You will have to ask someone else how to tame
this one. I have no clue [1] :)

Cheers

[1] while I'm strongly biased for using UTC and can report of funny
   adventures of "back then", I'm also strongly of the opinion that
   software has no business in forcing people to do the right thing.