Re: Claws-mail Address Book Bug?

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022, 11:26 AM mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2022-03-13 16:02, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:51:03 -0400
> Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Cindy,
>
>> said Google was considering court action over the use of its name as a
>
> Against who?  I mean, since the term was used by everyone (for certain
> values of everyone), short of suing the *entire* population, what did
> they expect to achieve?
>
> Hoover never sued anyone for use of their name as a substitute for the
> term vacuuming.  Nor did AVO sue for use of their name as a substitute
> for multimeter.
>
> Companies these days seem to be run by idiots.  Clever idiots, yes.
> But
> idiots, just the same.   :-)

over 20 odd years ago a friend said his American friends were all
complaining that their children wanted to be copyright lawyers.

The subfield has been ennobled with a loftier name in those past 20 years :-) intellectual property rights law :-)
I think John Marshall Law School here in Chicago had the first specialty by that name. But law schools are just commodities after all. Bought, sold, traded :-) It is now the law school of the Univ of Illinois at Chicago :-)

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31