Re: trying to get bookworm net going on an rpi4

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 06:22:40PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> And I just noticed this is an arm64 build, I need an armhf, where can I
> get that from?

Hi Gene,

In the mail where I replied to you last night, I pointed out it was an
arm64 build. Debian builds 64 bit for the Raspberry Pi 3 and 4: Raspberry Pi
Foundation buid 32 bit for all Raspberry Pis - irrespective of processor -
to allow some backwards compatibility. They do things differently there -
that's OK.

Short answer: As far as I can see: you can't unless:

a.) You go back to Raspberry Pi OS Lite - and deal with the Raspberry Pi
userland and kernel - and level of support.

b.) You build it yourself - using the same scripts as Gunnar does - but
I would advise spending a time familiarising yourself with them _and_
talking to Gunnar. No guarantees that this will work.

c.) You build something else yourself - again, no guarantees.

As ever, you're out on the very edge of anyone else being readily able
to support you. There was someone suggesting building and maintaining
native Debian packages for LinuxCNC. I don't know how far that got
and I suspect they'd only be for amd64 architecture.

Building realtime pre-emptive kernels and getting them to run on a Pi 4 -
that's deep magic and you might need to find a Pi 4 expert from among
the Raspberry Pi Foundation folks - their 64 bit OS is a rough beta
at the moment, I think.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater